RCWinMouseWheel is freeware. Please see our About page for more information.
RCWinMouseWheel is a Windows-only InputManager bundle that adds mouse wheel support to all YellowBox applications (ProjectBuilder, WOBuilder, EOModeler, etc.).
There is another input manager out there that does this, Tom Hageman's MouseWheel. If we had seen that before we wrote this, we probably wouldn't have bothered :-) However, we did, and since this implementation offers a few extra features we decided to go ahead and release it.
Here is a list of the features:
- Mouse wheel scrolls up and down. Horizontal-only scroll views will scroll left and right.
- Mouse wheel can be used to iterate through items in combo boxes.
- Events are processed after the mouse drivers have worked on them, usually meaning that some of the extra features provided by these drivers should work as well. Seems to work well with Logitech mice.
- Supports WM_VSCROLL and WM_HSCROLL events, which some mouse drivers use to simulate mouse wheel scrolling.
- Holding down the Control key (i.e. Command) will slow the scrolling down; Ctrl-Shift will speed it up.
- Coalesces events if possible, resulting in better response.
We are always interested in bug reports, suggestions, comments, or any other feedback on RCWinMouseWheel. Send feedback to here.